- Guy Hands puts green first
- Guy Hands does deals his way
- Terra Firma Capital May Invest Almost $700 Million in Clean Energy in 2011
- Guy Hands on life after EMI
- Utilities buoy FTSE as big freeze hits BA
- Euro slides as stocks falter
- Interest rates ‘will have to rise sixfold in two years’
- Allied Irish Banks moves £7.9bn property loans to country’s ‘bad bank’
- Mortgage freeze felt in November
- ECB concerns over Irish bail-out
- Sasol agrees $1bn Talisman Energy gas field deal
- CBI revises growth forecast down
- BAE is linked to Tanzania ‘bribe’
- Cold snap hits London travel and retail stocks
- Asia stocks ease on regional geopolitical risk
Category Archives: Market data
Utility stocks helped push top shares higher on Monday, as the UK’s near-Arctic conditions boosted demand for energy, but British Airways toiled as the big freeze disrupted airline services.
The euro fell broadly on Monday on fears of further credit rating downgrades in Europe while global stocks wavered as investors fled from riskier assets to the safety of bonds and gold.
Interest rates will have to rise almost sixfold over the next two years to cope with rising inflation, business leaders have warned. It will bring financial pain to seven million home owners with floating interest rates who will see a … Continue reading
While retailers, airlines and rail operators suffer the effects of the snow and ice, defensive stocks help the FTSE 100 stay in sight of year-highs as the December rally continues.
Asia shares fall as investors focus on geopolitical risk on the Korean peninsula amid fears Seoul’s live-fire drill could spark retaliation from Pyongyang
The region’s banks bounce back helped by reports of M&A activity in the sector in Italy as wider indices continue their December ascent to two-year highs